
I think this movie is a very good approach about this cultural and death penalty fact that still occures in some Islamic countries nowadays.
It's hard for occidental to admit, consider or understand. I am sure that some of our traditions or our way of living can shock those countries as much as we are shocked with those punishments or way to threat human beings or woman.
What I respect and can say about this movie or in general, is that I'm glad there is, there were and there will have some brave people who will talk about, write or make movie about all kind of persecutions and humans rights. I respect the aunt, Soraya behavior, faith and attitude and the journalist who dares everyone in the village.
I respect also the producer of the movie for his message and vision. Because when you critisize Islam you can be threat to death and have on your head what this Islam tribunals called the FATWA. This happened to many intellectuals, like as an example Salman Rushie.
Corruption is also part of the problem I guess in this movie and not only Islam punishment.
For my opinion three pictures are very important and hard in this movie. First, when her dad stoned her, second their sons and third the way Soraya stared and looked at everyone with this feeling of injustice of being a woman and not a human being in this society. Two pictures give me hope and are very pretty, are when the aunt stand in the middle of the road at the end, opening and rising her chaddor to stop the guards. It's a symbol and a revolt, plus she uncovered herself and yell what she thinks. The other nice picture is the landscape at the end about the beauty of this country, and this sensation of freedom that you can feel instead of what happened there. Yes, the world will and yes the world know, but as a famous French writer said in France, "My freedom stop when others freedom start".

No comments:
Post a Comment